Monday, July 12, 2010

F**K!

This is not a blog that has been thought through and neither is there any beer involved. What is there for sure are sweat and disgust. This is something that happened at my gym today morning. A ‘not so young’ couple walked into the gym, neither of them were anything unusual – lady was the typical ‘sati savitri’ image in flesh and blood, maybe bit too much of flesh here and there. She had vermilion smeared into her parting of hair that said “Don’t look at me, I’m taken”, “Right said babe, to 'take' you we’ll need a fork lift truck, and we’ll airlift that midsection of yours – don’t want to clog those 6 lane roads” I thought. The hubby had a paunch that could deflect a cruise missile, but the guy had the airs of a teenager on drugs saying “I’m cool”.



Anyways what happened next was the disgusting part; the lady went to the locker room and came back with 2 pair of shoes - one for herself and the other for the guy with the integrated missile defense system – the hubby. This made me think “What the FUCK!” and believe me she did this as a part of her ‘responsibilities’ that come as a part of being an Indian wife. I fully appreciate her selfless dedication, what sucks is the thought if the bastard of a hubby would even consider doing such a thing in the privacy of their home let alone in complete public gaze.


Trust me on this, there will be more than a majority of people who will see this act as one where a wife is performing her duty and thus make the whole episode seem normal or great (to them). If you are one of those and are reading this then I have this for you  - “FUCK you!”


It is indeed unfortunate that we live in a society that is soaked/drenched in hypocrisy. Talking of the society, let me assure you that it is some aliens who beam down and form the society – we need to remember that it is each and every one of us individuals who make up the society. So next time we think of blaming the society for something let’s first look into ourselves and check if what we are complaining is a reflection of our inner self.


BTW, every morning I have to hunt for my shoes – maybe it’s about time I got myself a wife and maybe it’s about time I looked at myself in the mirror and said “FUCK you!”

No comments:

Post a Comment